Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Stressed-Out Gardener

The weather here has been gorgeous! Perfect gardening weather!
Yet I have spent ZERO time in the yard! BOO!
Right now I am almost finished with an insanely busy 8 week semester at school. One week to go and all will return to normal - at least for a little while!
I tried to do some garden planning. I read some blogs that were lovely and helpful. I tried some really cool online planning thingy-ma-bobs.
I was getting nowhere! I wish I had the time and energy to devote to a vegetable garden plan and learning all the ins and outs of straight line planting, square-foot planting, companion planting and whatever other types of planting there are out there, but frankly I don't.
And instead of being relaxing and fun I was getting all stressed out about what I should be doing, and figuring out the right way, the right varieties, the right time to do everything.
I just wanted someone to give me some clear direction, a clear plan, something to follow.


Enter this book


And I let out a big sigh of relief! I needed something straight-forward, clear, and simple to follow and this fit the bill.
SO that is where we are - until after next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment